This system will allow you to read the KW16 keyways completely and accurately without the removal of any locks. Following a few simple steps it takes only minutes to read the depths for each cut in each position for a complete key.
The AccuReader works on the process of elimination to decipher the correct depths of the lock. By checking the deepest cut first you eliminate what the cuts are not. Therefore it is essential to always read depth slide #4 first. Due to the construction of the KW16 ignitions, the process for originating a key differs slightly from a traditional AccuReader.
The primary way for originating a key will be from using the Seat Lock which has all 6 spaces. If you find that the ignition has been changed out, please refer to KW16 Ignition Section for instructions on making an ignition key.
The AccuReader key is designed to be used for wafer positions 4-6 on one side of the key and wafer positions 1-3 on the opposite side of the key. All the positions can be read from one side of the key, however it is recommended to flip the key over and use the other side.
This allows for reading the 1-3 wafer positions with a fully or almost fully inserted key, increasing the accuracy.
Compatible with the following:
- 1999+ Kawasaki 650R
- 2003+ Kawasaki ER-5
- 1999-2009+ Kawasaki ER-6n
- 2006+ Kawasaki Ninja 650R
- 1993-2002 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6
- 1993-2003+ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R
- 2003+ Kawasaki ZX-6RR
- 2003+ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-7R
- 1994-2003+ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-9R
- 1994-2004+ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R
- 2000-2005+ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-12R
- 1999-2006+ Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14
- 1999-2008+ Kawasaki Versys
- 1999-2001+ Kawasaki W650
- 1999-2003+ Kawasaki ZR-7
- 1999-2003+ Kawasaki ZR7-S
- 2004+ Kawasaki Z750
- 1999-2006+ Kawasaki Z750S
- 1999-2003+ Kawasaki Z1000
- 1999-2000+ Kawasaki ZRX1100
- 1999-2005+ Kawasaki ZRX1200
- 1999-2005+ Kawasaki ZZR1200